8/1/12

It's Bead Trends Time again.....!

Bead Trends August 2012, is here and a beautiful exciting issue this month.



 Look at that beautiful necklace on the cover this month. Denise Petersen's "Paris Postcard" created this very cool focal book. I love it!! This is a necklace I would love to wear.

My friend Raida Disbrow is this months Designer Highlight. We met when Raida was my first Bead Soup Blog Hop partner and I have designed with her beads ever since. Check out her story on p.45-54. Love her "Soar" necklace and earrings. Great textures and colors. Congratulations Raida. havanabeads.etsy.com

My "Summer Time Dreamin" necklace, earrings and bracelet are filled with artists beads. So many textures and beautiful beads.

The beach themed inspiration focal is by Erin at Tesori Trovati, tesoritrovati.etsy.com , the patina chain and rings by Shannon at Miss Fickle Media, missficklemedia.etsy.com, Lamp work beads by Raida of Havana Beads, and Boro glass by Amanda at Sea Shore Glass, seashoreglass.etsy.com , ceramics by Gaea gaea.etsy.com the bracelet has a gorgeous handmade copper focal clasp by Melinda Orr, orrtec.etsy.com and components and glass from my favorite bead shop Beads on Main www.beadsonmain.com.


This is one of my favorite beach themed sets ever!! 




















A few designs to mention this month are,
Kristi Harrison has a very feminine necklace with an interesting glass focal bead and an interesting use of buttons on page. 56-57. kristibasket.etsy.com

Marie Noel Voyer-Cramp uses buttons too and her ephemera focal in a pretty necklace on p. 76-77
skyejewels.etsy.com

Janice Everett captured the festive summer theme with her colorful earrings on p. 86
jlynnjewels.com

Kristy Abner captured the perfect beach colors in these pretty summer earrings featuring Bubby & McGurk glass on p. 101
kristyskreations.com


This set is listed and available in my Etsy shop at enlalumiere.etsy.com This one is hard to part with and received lots of interest at my show this weekend. I know it will find a happy home. If you love the beach as much as I do this is perfect.



The reverse of the necklace focal
Lots of beautiful designs to check out. Be sure to pick up your issue.
Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment. I love to hear from you.

4 comments:

  1. Cherrie - I always look forward to your Bead Trends posts! The August issue sure was chock full of beautiful designs. I really had fun making earrings for the carnival theme in this issue. Love your beach themed set. That pendant is so awesome. I have been busy creating pieces with your bead soup - can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking I better start thinking about my ideas for my soup. When is it? I was so busy I feel like I sort of lost some time. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I try to include a few people each time but there is never enough space to list as many as I would like.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for mentioning the "Designer Highlight" I'm so thrilled to be among such wonderful designers! I love your beach theme set, I'm sure it won't last long in Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Raida, I know how thrilling it is to be in this magazine and then to make the Designer Highlight or cover is beyond exciting. I am especially excited to have included your beads in the this set. The textures really added the element it needed. Enjoy your month.

    ReplyDelete