6/5/12

A few thoughts!!

 I have been thinking all week about something I heard in church on Sunday. 


The message was directed to the seniors graduating from high school and UC Davis. The pastor was of course talking about their future and working hard with the skills they learned. One point that really hit home for me was to take time for the little things in life. We all get caught up in the day to day stresses of life and what a thought as they prepare for their next chapter. 

Some of my little things are my darling grandchildren. Listening to their voice. They can say the most amazing things. Taylor, Drew and Alexa live right across the street. Each day they share their life with us. Throughout the day they pop in with the latest news or just to play or hang out.

This was right after Drew lost his 2nd tooth this week. He was so excited he ran right over to show us. I was so excited I took a picture and sent it so his uncle, aunt, cousin, and grandparents. Drew celebrates his 7th birthday this week on the last day of school.

This was today when I asked Alexa if she wanted to go shopping at Target with me. She put on her sunglasses upside down and her brothers hat. Ready Gamma. She was talking the entire time. I think three isles over they could hear her abcs, row row row your boat, and counting to 20 with a couple numbers missing.
This is Taylor. She is 9 and full of life. She is an artist and once she settles down can create amazing art. She was getting ready to go to a concert with her Mom, Dad and Brother and you can see she was very happy.

This is Sean and Annelise. We got to talk to them for a bit on Sunday. Sean is preparing to play the part of a card in a neighborhood playhouse in Alice in Wonderland. They live in Oregon so we only get to hear their stories on occasion. Annie told me with pictures she is practicing sitting up by herself. Their brother Ray misses the camera most of the time so I don't have his picture but he is in our hearts. Next year he begins high school. A big deal!! He celebrates his 14th birthday next week on his last day of 8th grade.

So as I created these past few days, which I have been lucky to do this week.  I contemplated and thought about the things that really matter in my life. I watched a robin that has built a nest in our little tree watch me in my little back yard. I watched the beautiful clouds in the blue sky this week. I listened to my inner voice and thought about my goals, creating, family and friends.

My next post I will show you a few new items I created. I have tray of new earrings, anklets, bracelet and one necklace. I listed a few items tonight and will be adding more later this week.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope this inspired your to stop, look and listen to the little things! Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful family... Having a bad week and your post made me smile... Can't wait see your creations xox

    ReplyDelete