5/27/13

Bead Trends May 2013 a closer look



My monthly Beads Trends review.......May 2013

This is very late and I have a good excuse. I could not submit to this issue for the first time in over 2 years so I just got my hands on this hard copy.  This issue has a lot of new names I have not seen before. Congratulations to these talented designers.

The cover is green and gorgeous, Sue Hass, Into the Meadow.
Wench Brennbakk is this months Designer Highlight. I have been a fan of Wenches following her on blog hops and face book. Beautiful beads, clasps and my favorite is "Starfish".
Congratulations to these ladies.



My friend Kristi Abner has two designs this month featuring her husband Deans lamp work. p. 20-21 A beach necklace with a beautiful shell bead and interesting large link chain and I love the focal treatment on this casual necklace on p. 42- 43 .



Wendy Alger p. 28-29 Kalypso Medley, features a beautiful etched metal to show off the lamp work and an interesting handmade link and clasp.

My friend Cathy Obemma, p. 40-41 hand ties our favorite Gaea beads in a casual necklace in my favorite summer colors.
Pamela Traub p. 62-65 Beautiful day at the Beach. These two pieces are stunning. I love the richness of the beads and the pearls. Beautifully done.

My friend Janice Everett, p. 76-77 Entwined love a ceramic link by Karen Totten and one of Janice's art wood tiles. 
My friend Kristi Harrison p, 82-84 gives a beautiful tribute to her mother in this this mothers day issue. She features art wood tiles from Janice at J Lynn Jewels.

It's almost time for the next issue of Bead Trends for June. I will be writing a post very soon after I receive my hard copies. I will have a necklace and my husband who is also designing jewelry has a pair of earrings in this issue. We are working on a new website and will be launching it soon with Michael's collections first and then I will be adding my published and higher end designs. 
Stay tuned and check back soon for the next installment. 

Whats new at En La Lumie're ......

A big closeout sale in my Etsy shop www.enlalumiere.etsy.com I have brought my inventory home from two shops recently and I am overflowing in inventory. With only so much room to move around I have marked over 50 items down 20-50 %. I will run this sale and add to it as I can. 
The next two weeks we are busy preparing for our first big 2 day Art and Wine Festival in Novato CA on June 8-9th. If you live in the Northern CA bay area come out and see us. 

As always I love to hear your comments. See you soon. 

2 comments:

  1. I missed this one to Cherrie! What a lovely issue to not be in to. Filled with marvelous talented friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for yet another inspirational blog!!

    ReplyDelete