11/28/12

Bead Trends December 2012 Special Issue

Bead Trends December 2012.........

December and the close of another year. This month Bead Trends is filled beautiful jewelry designs as always, but this issue of Bead Trends features a special tribute section for Breast Cancer Awareness...... The artists in this section all deserve a hug and congratulations for such inspirational interpretation for such a compelling subject.

First off a congratulations to Jessica Klaaren for her "Fun Holiday" earrings on the cover. The perfect Holiday earrings.

This months Designer Highlight is a new artist to me. Brooke Hansen Loewer p. 41-50 I love all of her designs. Each page is elegant, and the quality is stunning. Spend some time with Brooke's designs.

My friend Janice Everett p. 14-15 Winterscapes necklace and earrings are simply elegant. I love this design, one I would want in my jewelry collection. It caught my eye and then I looked to see who the artist was, oh its Janice!

My friend Kristin Oppold p. 38-39 "Earthy Glam" necklace takes you on a journey with lots of interesting twists, turns and textures.

My friend Traci Zeller p. 104- 106 "Ice Crystals" necklace and earrings. Love, Traci's wire wrap. Love the colors on these earrings. Crystal and brass is always a favorite of mine and the beautiful altered brass is by my friend Amanda Austin who taught me this technique.

The Breast Cancer Awareness Section.........
Every artist submitted such an amazing designs it is difficult to choose a just few. 
Staci L. Smith p. 52-53 "Soft Strength" necklace. I love this necklace. The wire wrap and the links are beautiful.
Cathy Obbema p. 58-59 "Heaven's Angel" This bracelet is a circle of hope. Lovely!
Jessica Klaaren p. 64-65 "Fight like a Girl" What a great message and design!
Sharyl A. Mc Millian-Nelson p. 66-67 "Preparing for Battle" again great idea and message! 
Heide Mansfield-Kingman p. 68-69 "Courageous Lion Heart" beautiful!!
Shannon Levart p. 78-79 "Rustic Ribbon Pendant" The focal on this design is worth studying and the unusual waxed linen at the neckline adds so much to the uniqueness of the design. 

Marie Noel Voyer-Cramp p. 56-57 "My Mothers Strength" and "Heaven's Angel". This is a battle Marie is fighting. She has been such an inspiration to all of us through our personal journey in our bead business long before this illness. She and my friend Amanda Austin are the two friends that encouraged me to ever submit my designs to Bead Trends. When I first read of her fight, I immediately re-read it in disbelief. She is in my prayers often for her fight, and her family. Hang in there Marie, you will soon see the other side of this journey in triumph. 

I was so honored to be included in this special section as my tribute to Marie's fight and others including family members who have fought and are fighting this disease. 




My "Hope" necklace was created with a beautiful pink ceramic rose and round ceramic bead designed by my friend Raida of Havana Beads. To set it off my husband Michael helped me design a special copper bail with the word "Hope" inscribed on it. Pink and copper swirls  in this borosilicate glass bead by my friend Amanda Austin of Sea Shore Glass.  All of the wire and handmade components were heat patina-ed and designed by me after learning these techniques in a workshop with Deryn Mentock's "Clasps and Closures".  Czech glass and pink sari silk ribbon complete this design. 


I know I can't mention everyone, please pick up your copy and enjoy the talent in Bead Trends. 

As we wrap up this year in print a special thanks to all the designers who have created the art beads that inspire me to design jewelry that has graced the pages of Bead Trends. Thanks to Tatia and the staff that make my designs look amazing. I challenge myself each month to create something different and hope to inspire others. 

Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment. I love to hear from you. 

1 comment:

  1. Your mode of explaining all in this post is genuinely
    pleasant, every one be capable of easily understand it, Thanks a lot.
    Also visit my website direct download movies

    ReplyDelete