3/13/12

In the light with En La Lumie're and Sea Shore Glass

A peek into my latest collection of beautiful glass, altered metals and a few of my latest designs. 

I recently visited one of my favorite bead peeps and special friend Amanda of Sea Shore Glass at her new shop and studio in Florence Oregon. After returning from Tucson and showing her new line of altered Vintaj brass blanks I found myself choosing many cool sets to coordinate with her glass. She cleverly put together matching sets for focal and earrings or charms. Amanda taught me how to make altered metals and I love doing it but she had some sets that really caught my eye as I stocked up on her glass.
I have been fortunate to design with Amanda's gorgeous Boro glass in many of my designs for the past year and a half. This collection rounds out my tray of her glass so I have wonderful choices when I sit down to design.
 Here are a few of the designs I have just added this week to my shop.
If you are familiar with my designs you know I love artists beads and this Rusty Sea Bird necklace features one of Amanda's  gorgeous coral and aqua green boro beads, along with Spirited Earth and Gaea ceramic beads hand tied on Italian leather and Vintaj Brass.

This Sea Garden bracelet features more ceramic beads by Gaea, Spirited Earth and Radiant Mind and this bead with greens, aqua and browns swirled in this amazing Boro bead from Amanda.
As you might know my shop name En La Lumie're means "In the Light". I always look for amazing light in my designs to bring them to life. Amanda's glass makes the magic for me. Her colors are vibrant, swirls of color and borosilicate quality. Amanda is a perfectionist and I always know I can offer this quality in my designs and it is a win win for my customer.
 
This bicycle focal by Tesori Trovati and Amanda's altered metal is combined with Gaea's ceramic and Czech glass. I used the smaller round metals in Amanda's set for coordinating earrings with Gaea's ceramics. The bottom examples feature art components by Sea Shore Glass, Tesori Trovati, J Lynn Jewels and Menagerie Studio.

From ocean colors to soft peaches, yellows, brilliant pinks and carnelian russets.

You can find out more about Sea Shore Glass at www.seashoreglass.etsy.com
Amanda's boro beads are the perfect choice for me and my happy customers.

6 comments:

  1. They are all stunning. Amanda does wonderful work and you have put things together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherrie
    These are gorgeous and so are Amanda's components.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your designs are beautiful! Everything is superbly made and stunning to say the least! I can imagine the light sparkling on those beautiful beads! Fantastic work as always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so great, Miss Cherrie! I love the range of colors and textures. Those sets from Amanda are incredible. I really must get me some of her work!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful as always...so nice to be able to visit once again with my new iPad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies, I appreciate you stopping by and leaving lovely compliments.

    ReplyDelete