8/26/12

The Beach
























We did it. We packed a picnic lunch and the cars and headed to the beach. Our Ca kids, grandkids including our 2 week old granddaughter and my Mom. It was overcast, and sweatshirt cool for the August. We were hoping for a sunny day in the 70's but the kids tickled their toes in the ocean, listened to the surf crash and watched the seagulls. We ate our picnic lunch around a fire pit and let the kids slide down the sand dunes. Yes I even did that once while my hubs filmed me looking a bit like a kid. Alexa at 2 1/2 said over and over again " I wuv the beach"

The baby never knew she was at our special place. She was all cozy in her snuggly all day.

My sons and I grew up in Southern CA. We spent many days at the beach and hold some of our best memories. We also lived on the coast of Oregon and CA for 8 years in the 80's. My whole family has always had a special place in our hearts for the sound of the waves, the feel of the sand and the power of the ocean. Our other 3 grandchildren live on the Oregon Coast. So you could say " I wuv the beach too"!!

You can find lots of ocean beach inspired jewelry in my shop. I will always enjoy designing beach jewelry so if it is a love of yours keep me in mind.

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to live near the beach!! About a year ago, we went to Disneyland and took the kids for a day at Newport Beach. They still talk about it and beg to go back. It is on our list to rent a beach house next year for a week and take the kids for a nice, lazy vacation! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely family!!!!!!! So nice to get away from the work desk now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, I grew up an hour from Newport and all the S CA beaches. Many memories there. Kristin yes it is nice to get away. I was disappointed in the overcast weather. I love it when the sun and clouds and blue green water. Take what you can. It is still 2 hours from here so yes we are not in the middle of the country but these days with gas and working everyday it is harder and harder to get too.

    ReplyDelete