2/14/11




What a week! My wonderful friend Amanda Austin from Seashore Glass in Oregon visited her family in my town and was able to squeeze in several fun visits. We sat on my studio floor for hours and traded beads from our bead stashes and talked about our goals for the next year. Amanda taught an altered metal class at my local bead shop "Beads on Main". It was fun to see everyones designs and we had great fun. She came over the next night and we played some more and I learned all kinds of cool techniques. I created these earrings and necklace and sold them before I even got them to my Etsy shop. I quickly placed several orders for more supplies and plan on bringing this new element into my designs.

Friday night I attended a bead night at Beads on Main. We get together and work on our designs and enjoy food and create together. Several of my beading friends and I were pleasantly surprised to receive a goodie bag of beautiful beads and components from Jess and Monika. Samples of just some of the new products they brought back from the recent Tuscon Bead shows.

I attended an art walk in Sacramento at 2nd Saturday and showed and sold several pieces of my jewelry. I am working on submissions for several magazines. I joined a bead soup blog hop for the first time with 210 jewelry artists and I have completed my project. It was a fun challenge as my partner Raida of Havana Beads sent me a great soup mixture and I am looking forward to the blog hop on the 26th. I designed and listed some new pieces today and have many more new products on the table. Lots of new Artisan components and beads. Things are hopping at En La Lumie're.

One year ago today I listed my first necklace called Emerald Nights on Etsy. I posted a free shipping promo now through March 12, the day of my first sale to Lynne in Australia.

Happy Valentines Day and thanks for following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment