7/6/10

Well here goes, my very first entry on my very first blog. I am so excited to learn and share my love of designing jewelry and a few tidbits about who I am.

I am obsessed with finding beads, natural gemstones, and recently the most amazing components by the most talented Artisans I have ever met.

It all started when I learned to wire wrap simple beaded crosses from my very talented sister-in-law, Sally. She marched me down to Hobby Lobby and Michael's and we purchased some well you know, inexpensive beads, lol. It was fine for my introduction to the beading world. Soon I found myself wandering into bead shops and discovering many really beautiful beads. I began to explore the idea of making jewelry. This continued in between my very busy schedule and soon I had quite a collection. After much mentoring by my friends at Beads on Main in my hometown, and the encouragement from my family and friends I signed up with Etsy. Needless to say life kinda got in the way and it took me another 9 months to list my first item which took most of the day. I was a featured designer on Vintaj daily dialog and face-book in March. I am proud to say my En La Lumie're fan page has a following, I am currently a guest designer with my friends Marie and Amanda http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sea-Skye/131948423492740?ref=ts

I am BLESSED , LIFE IS GOOD! 14 hours a day at least, I am doing what we do and this is my very favorite job ever! As I grow I hope you will follow me, of course check out my shop and share with your friends, and if you like what you see become my friend.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I would give your your first comment! :) Glad to see you finally have a blog :) I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you will post and share with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Cherrie! Congrats! I have bookmarked your blog and I look forward to reading more about your designs and what's going on with you and En La Lumiere.

    ReplyDelete